Sunday, January 3, 2010

Hello 2010!

I'm not sure why I've been procrastinating about posting an update about what's been going on around here... every time I gave thought to it, by ears started smoking, brain started hurting, and my fingers just coudn't find the correct keys. But it seems I've gotten over that feeling for the moment, so here it goes...

First, let's reflect a little bit on 2009. For P-man, I think we learned a lot about eachother. I learned that he will be the one to teach me to truly ride, no matter how frustrating that process may be. He's shown me how talented he can be (when he wants) and how much of a cow he can be (when he doesn't want). I'm currently going back to the basics a bit with him, to get him more comfortable in his own body, so he's ready to fire off when asked to do so. I had a really nice little jump school on him right before NYE -- hopefully that set the tone for the coming year.

The whole C-Horse thing really formed itself in 2009. I couldn't ask for better sponsors, clients, friends, supporters, etc., etc., etc... I can only hope it will continue to develop and grow in the coming year.

So... now here we are at the closing of the 3rd day of the new decade, and it's bloody cold here in North Carolina. My clients are all amazing troopers and I have continued to teach and ride through the fridgedness. This is the time for making show plans, and finding those rays of motivation, and I have a great team to motivate me, and I hope I do the same for them.

To be honest, I haven't set my goals for 2010. There's a great post on Eventing Nation about focusing on the process, and that's what I hope to do. I want to develop monthly plans to focus on where I want to be in the immediate future, cause I know alot can change between now and the Fall season, and I really just want my horses, my clients, and myself to be the best we can be at that moment. I figure if we can do that everyday, then the bigger goals will form themselves!

So here's to a great 2010! One of my clients got me a great '10 calendar with P's pictures topping every month... I'd like to think of it as a sign that 2010 will be the year of the Prophet! :)

Ciao, ciao!

No comments: