Thursday, September 29, 2011

Organizing Hat (or helmet)

I wear a lot of hats on any given day.... there's the trainer hat (usually my trusty, too-old IRH skull cap), the instructor hat (some variation of worn-out sponsor's logo ball cap), the marketing professional (usually just brushed hair - maybe), my organizers hat (whatever makes me look less frazzled!), and the rest of the dressage helmets, show jumping helmets, etc, etc, etc.  There are times I think that my organizer hat may need to be a helmet though -- for everyone's safety!

On September 18th, we kicked off the Fall season of events at the beautiful Five County Stables with the Derby - a team event that we scheduled to just have some fun!  Competitors completed a course of mixed XC obstacles and show jumps and the top three scores for each team were tabulated to determine the team competition.  It was great fun, and everyone seemed to have a blast competing, schooling the course afterwards, and at the trailers after the day was done!

We had some wonderful prizes donated by great companies like Royal Champion (www.royalchampion.com), and BonVivant Equine (www.bonvivantequine.com). It was so much fun to be involved with, and I hope more people make it out next time to join the party!















No comments: