Friday, January 16, 2009

I had no idea....

I musta made somebody mad by severely underestimating the cold snap.  Earlier in the week I spoke about how 28 seemed  a bit brisk in the morning.  WELL, this morning it was a blustery 15 degrees, with a low of 9 tonight.  We probably won't even see 28 as a HIGH.  

Even so, I will be pulling out of the driveway tomorrow at 8 am so I can run around some jumper classes and get some more ring time.  Hopefully P-man will enjoy his time in manicured footing since below freezing temperatures don't do a whole lot to help an already very wet field.  

This mornings ride was at about 1/4 pace as a result of the nastiness below our feet.  P is still full of himself and becoming quite the spunky thing.  At one point we had this trot that I'm pretty sure did not touch the ground.  Pretty damn fun to ride for a minute but after that the fun-ness was replaced with the fact that we couldn't DO anything with it.  Oh well - at least it was cool for a minute.  

Prophet it also getting quite proficient at nearly dumping me by jumping the 8 inch log as if it is 4 1/2 feet tall.  I swear he does it purely for entertainment reasons, and until I actually hit the ground, I'll probably continue to find it quite funny.

I'm attempting to drag John to the show with me tomorrow so we'll see if I can't get some pictures of the big man doing his thing!

No comments: