Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mothers Day!!!!


As I sit in North Carolina typing this, my mom is unfortunately in Illinois, so I figured I'd take this opportunity to give her a shout out (cause you know she be stalking me through my blog! :) ).

I realize that most people love their moms... especially once you get to my age and realize that mom's are way cooler then they seemed, but my mom and I have alwasy had a very good relationship. We had to! We rode in the truck together for endless hours going from horse show to horse show, and no one wants to do that with someone you hate.

But really, she served as my instructor and coach, horse owner, mother and friend - and don't kid yourself - molding these things into a seemless effort wasn't easy, I'm sure! I was not and still probably am not the easiest person to be around when I'm under a bunch of pressure, especially for those who are close to me.

She is an inspiration for how I want to beable to read a horse, and I think if you could mold her patience and my boldness, you'd have a pretty unbeatable competitor.

She definitely has her flaws, but she knows them and is ok with us giving her a hard time about them -- she takes the razzing with a smile on her face, and is probably too nice about it.

So this is my ode to my mother... I love you!

And too all my adopted 'moms' -- you know who you are -- I love you too!!!!!

No comments: