Monday, June 1, 2009

All in one piece, kind of....

The last week has been an interesting one for me... nothing overly dramatic (well, sort of, but I'll get to that later), but just a bit trying, if you know what I mean.

First of all, the exciting news is that Lumber River is this weekend -- P-man's last recognized outing for the spring season! Very exciting to run him again so soon after VAHT and see what he learned, but also excited because after this event, we'll take some time to go back to basics and see if we can't make the leap up to prelim for the fall season -- still toying with the idea of running him at the T3D at Waradaca in the fall.

Bad news -- he threw a shoe on Saturday while glavanting around the pasture and I haven't been able to get the farrier to schedule a time to reset him (he was due this Friday any way). He is sound on the barefoot hoof and fulling packed with Magic Cushion, diapers, and a Hoof Wrap. I have my worst-case-scenerio planned out with hacks 2 days and swimming in Kim's pond for the other two days if absolutely necessary and a dressage/jump school on Friday after he gets done. HOPEFULLY it won't come to all that, but luckily he skipped around the training last weekend pretty easily so I'm working hard to not panic.

Next bit of drama involves the uncertain future of my instructor, Stephen. With abit of "change of direction" the farm he was employed by moved everyone off the property -- this is NOT a good thing when I FINALLY found someone P-man and I both click with so well. AFter a phone call with him though, I do feel much better that he will stay around -- thus P-man and I will (hopefully) continue to improve! I never thought of myself as a person that 'needed' a trainer, but I guess I never found one that worked so well with us!

So fingers crossed for the next week to all fall into place for us... will keep everyone updated!

Heels down, eyes up!

No comments: