Thursday, July 2, 2009

Happy 4th of July

It's been a rather steady week of teaching, riding, work - here, there and everywhere! Things get a bit crazy over the next couple of weeks, so I'm super excited to have tomorrow and Saturday off from teaching. Although P has been ridden everyday, I'm excited to have tomorrow afternoon for just him and I time!

I try to avoid the feeling the P is just here to perform for me. For a long time when I was a working student, he had to bear the burden of being there for me when I needed him to be my friend, but having to be a machine when I needed him to be also. Now I'm trying to set aside play time - where things are as structured and he can kick up his heals. So that's what tomorrow is! Kickin' up heals time!

Happy 4th of July everyone! Be safe and enjoy!

No comments: