Thursday, February 4, 2010

You know, they really are ok...

With all this nastiness, my horses have been a bit self sufficient. P's had some time off, which I think is disastrous, but in reality, is probably fine for a pony who is out 24/7 and gets too fit easily anyway. I was gone for the weekend in Pennsylvannia for a trade show (which proved to be awesome! More updates on that later), and John took care of the boys through the frigid temps, snow and ice. Now there's mud, half frozen sloppiness, and grossness everywhere, ugh... But I took their blankets off this morning so they could get a good roll in before the next round of winter storms, and you know -- they were just has slick and shiny and fat and happy as they were a week ago. No fungus snuck up their muddy legs, no fat-eating monster came and made them skinny, and I'm pretty sure they did fine without me pampering them for a bit. Maybe this will prove to be just what Prophet needs!

1 comment:

wilsonc said...

Boo is always happy to see me after some time off and even seems to want to please me. We do pamper them a bit much don't we ;)