Saturday, December 8, 2012

The 12 Days of Christmas - Day 3 (aka 2.5)

The third installment features a product that I find super cool, and is a must for every eventer, and most other riders who like to add a bit of flare to their appearance.  Quarter marks are one of those things that add a bit of polish to your turnout, and when my good friend Kate Bremser made me a custom stencil I was pretty much pumped.

P with his seahorse quarter mark at Poplar Place 2011.

When I was younger, I had a stencil of the Chinese Symbol for "good luck", and would stencil it on my equine's behind with glitter glue.  I've since grown up a bit and opt for simply the brush technique, which is why it's important to have a stencil made with appropriate material, and clean, crisp cut lines. Kate does an amazing job, and for a very afforable price.  It's a perfect way to get a custom/one-of-a-kind gift for the equestrian on your list!




In fact, my seahorse was even featuring in the US Eventing magazine in the AEC's section this year!



If you are interested in obtaining your very own quarter mark, just let me know and I'll get you in touch with Kate!

No comments: