Friday, October 30, 2009

Winterizing

It's getting colder, days are getting shorter, both of the ponies's hair is is getting longer, Prophet shed his hind shoes and my schedule is changing. As most of you know, I work a full-time job and also teach afterwork and throughout the weekend. As the days get shorter, my days get a bit free-er throughout the week. When the time changes over this weekend, I will change over to teaching solely on the weekends (except for a training ride whose arena has lights 2-3 nights), riding Prophet in the mornings and finding ways to relax and let down (which is hard for me!).

Several of my kids are still going strong in the local competition season, which is so much fun! I get to go play trainer on the weekends as they make their debuts in the dressage ring, at their first events and the little victories that happen when you coach younger riders. It's so much fun!

I try hard to stay productive even though my loads are a bit lighter during the week. I am working close with my good friend, Tina Butler in developing her website for her equine physiotherapy/therapy product sales company, Equine Edge. It's still a work in progress, but it's been fun!

I also am working to get my NC Horse Network site back up and running. This was a project I began about a year ago, but really haven't developed completely. Now I'm using my new-found time to work on promoting it. For all of you in North Carolina, please check it out at www.nchorsenetwork.net! Really cool stuff will be coming up to look out for with contests, giveaways, etc...

Other then all that, I'm working hard to stay busy and not drop into a winter slump! Here's to hoping that you all are doing the same! Ciao, ciao!

No comments: